Sunday, March 16, 2008

Inspired to Believe


I continue to believe that we must find ways to help youth and adults find a passion for the story of our faith. Too often our sermons are flat and not that inspiring to our congregations. Too often we just play games with our youth and never give them a chance to really deeply believe. I mean the kind of belief that bubbles out in everything that we do. Maybe it is that we must do what we can to help each other to believe that there is part of God in each one of us. I mean really believe it! Words fail me here but a movie that does an excellent job of teaching this point just came out on video. http://www.magorium.com/ Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium is all about the process of helping each other discover the spark (of God) that is in us and then we can Stun The World! My own son happens to look like the 9 year old character so that bias me a little but I think this movie has so much to say to Disciples of Christ that I am going to use it as a bases for the curriculum for ICYF. That is my thoughts for today...

2 comments:

Randy said...

Prompted by your blog I finally rented it. Having seen it, now I'll have to buy it! So many good lines.

For our DYMN work: "Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools."

And two Easter quotes stood out for me:

Mr Magorium's reminder to Molly Mahoney that: "Your life is an occasion, rise to it."

And Eric the Hat Collector's observation that: "All stories, even the ones we love, must eventually come to an end and when they do, it's only an opportunity for another story to begin."

Rise to the occasion this Easter Sunday. Begin a new story.

mysamiam said...

Found your link here from Facebook. Enjoy the blogger world. Your pic of T cracked me up. Yes, I agree with the many "God" moments and sparks that could be seen in that movie. Will have to watch again now that it is on DVD.